Saturday, January 7, 2012

Old Married Woman

Wow. I haven't written ANYTHING since my wedding. I have been intending to resume operations for some time now, but procrastination keeps pouncing on me.

Married life is wonderful. Mike and I have a lovely condo 7 minutes from his new job, and it is the perfect size for the two of us and our small dog. Here is a tour of my house in words:

Our bedroom is on the second floor (or the first floor, if you want to be all European about it), and has a large window that looks out over our backyard. The walls are a soft fawn color, and we have a brown, blue, and cream striped bedspread.

The kitchen is painted celery green with creamy white cabinets. There is a tall, round glass-topped table with four chairs at one end, and the other end is the kitchen proper, with all the usual appliances. We have an owl cookie jar.

... okay, those are actually the only two rooms that are properly finished. But the rest is coming along nicely. We also have a spare room, a nice living room, a half-bathroom downstairs, and a full bathroom upstairs. We have a small - but very pretty - backyard with a blue gate of which I am very fond (Mike built and painted it). I am anxiously awaiting planting season, because that yard is going to be a a veritable paradise by the time I'm done with it!

Anyway, that's my house :) I like it.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

You forgot to mention the walk-in closet :-D

Thanks for letting me come stay! I like your house (and you two, of course!)

Danae Andersen said...

Any time, of course :)